This book is carefully designed for upper-beginner level students with an English vocabulary of approximately 1200 words. It consists of eight units, each focusing on a topic relevant to everyday life. The engaging and well-balanced activities included will help increase students’ fluency and confidence in listening and speaking.
The warm-up activities are designed to get students familiar with the unit topics by relating them to their personal experiences. These activities also encourage students to predict unit vocabulary and content.
Listening activities are split into three separate parts, each introducing different question-and-answer patterns essential for talking about the unit topic. This section contains several listening practices and two short dialogues with listening comprehension questions.
Our introduction to the KK phonetic system features pictures that show the position of the lips and tongue for each sound. Exercises are provided to help students practice making each sound correctly.
Each unit includes a summary of target expressions. Students are given a chance to practice using these expressions through speaking activities which includes role plays and surveys.
All in all, the Everyday Listening & Speaking series will provide students with the tools they need to feel confident communicating in English.Introduction
- UNIT 1 What Kind Of Music Do You Like？(p.2)
- UNIT 2 Are You Free This Weekend？(p.12)
- UNIT 3 When Is Your Birthday？(p.22)
- UNIT 4 What Classes Are You Interested In？(p.32)
- UNIT 5 What Clubs Have You Joined？(p.42)
- UNIT 6 How Much Is The Rent？(p.52)
- UNIT 7 Working Part-Time(p.62)
- UNIT 8 What Are Your Future Plans？(p.72)
- Review Tests(p.82)
- Example Sentence(p.86)
- Summary of Useful Expressions(p.89)